Pages

Friday 15 May 2009

So, what am I doing here?

Well, I have a few opinions. Nah, a lot of opinions! I'm starting this blog because, basically, I'm pissed-off with this country and the world at the moment. Bankers have taken away our jobs, the police and a so-called labour government are taking away our freedoms, and MP's across all parties are fiddling their expenses in a way that'd make Fred Goodwin blush. Well, not quite.

This is to be a varied collection. I shall mostly post links to news stories and make my own comments, and on occasion I shall write a story myself.

I am mostly interested in politics, health and education, so the majority of my posts will be in these areas, and will be national (UK) and well as international. I live in Yorkshire in Northern England, so a few local news stories may also creep in (I was particularly disgusted by the Children's Services failings in Doncaster) as well as the odd sports story (I'm a football fan) and some philosophical musings (I see myself as a bit of an amateur philosopher!) I've basically been doing this kind of thing on Facebook (friends-only) anyway, so the jump to making a public blog ought to be easy!

I hope you enjoy reading it, and I hope to generate some heathy debate in my small corner of the internet

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment